INVITATION TO GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATION OF PHYSIOTHERAPY DEGREE TRAINING IN NIGERIA AND NSP ORDINARY GENERAL MEETING (OGM)
It is my honour to inform you that Department of Physiotherapy, University of Ibadan has attained 50 golden years in training seasoned physiotherapists spread across the globe. In order to commemorate this landmark achievement, the Department is organising a 3-day event (28-30 March, 2016) for the golden years of this celebrated training centre.
To this end, all Nigeria-trained, particularly Ibadan-trained physiotherapists, are hereby called upon to support this project by making arrangements to attend the events and also disseminate this information to all others who were trained in Nigeria (directly or indirectly trained in Ibadan).
Monday 28 March, 2016
Reception Cocktail for Alumni, Invited VIPs and the Collaborators
College of Medicine Foyer
Tuesday 29 March, 2016
Main Event (Distinguished Physiotherapy Alumni Lecture, Unveiling of Physiotherapy Hall of Fame, Fund Raising)
Paul Hendrickse Lecture Theatre, College of Medicine
Wednesday 30 March, 2016
Scientific Workshop, Appraisal of 50 years of Physiotherapy training, Dinner
Paul Hendrickse Lecture Theatre
Trenchard Hall, UI
You may wish to make personal/group financial contribution, or raise funds towards the activities. Cheques are to be issued in favour of "Department of Physiotherapy, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan". For interbank transfers, kindly liaise with Professor T.K. Hamzat on 07031096849 or Dr A.F. Adeniyi on 08057325888. These alumni can also be contacted if you need any other assistance.
We count on your support. Come and let us celebrate our fountain of knowledge.
Professor T.K. Hamzat
Head of Department
NSP Ordinary General Meeting
Date: 31 March, 2016
Venue: School of Nursing Auditorium, University College Hospital, Ibadan, Oyo state
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm
1. NSP Confluence 2015 Declaration.
2. The National Postgraduate Physiotherapy College of Nigeria(NPPCN): The Journey thus far, challenges and the tasks ahead.
3. Proposed New Scheme of Service for Physiotherapists and its provisions for DPT holders and Fellows of the NPPCN.
4. Update on MRTB/NSP collaboration on Doctor of Physiotherapy Programme.
5. Insurance package plans for NSP members.
6. 2016 Awards and Honours proposals.
7. Performance of NSP Information and Knowledge repository platforms and Need Improvement outline. i.e i. NSP constitution. ii. NSP Bye-laws. iii. Physio News and NSP e-News letter iv. NSP website v. Journal of the NSP vi. NSP Facebook account. vii. NSP Twitter handle viii. NSP on Instagram.
8. NSP International Affairs and International Diplomacy.
9. Update on NSP 2016 Annual Scientific Conference and AGM.