The stage is set for the public hearing of the bill which seeks for the establishment of the National Postgraduate Physiotherapy College of Nigeria at the House of Representatives.
The NSP President, Taiwo Oyewumi, enjoined the physiotherapy community to make their inputs towards a successful passage of the bill.
The House committee on Heath Institutions cordially invites the general public and stakeholders to a public hearing on medical related bills scheduled for Monday 9th May 2016 at Room 028, House of Representatives, National Assembly complex, Abuja by 11:00am prompt.
ACCORDING TO THE RELEASE BY THE AG. CHAIRMAN, HON. MUHAMMAD UMAR MEGA, AMONG OTHER BILLS SCHEDULED ARE
1. Bill for an Act to establish the National Postgraduate College of Physiotherapy in Nigeria.
2. Bill for an Act to Amend the Psychiatric Hospitals Management board Act CAP.P34, Laws of the federation of Nigeria
3. Bill for an Act to Establish the federal college of Medical and Laboratory Science, jos and to provide for courses leading to the award of degrees, fellowships, diplomas and certificates in biomedical science, medial laboratory science and other related courses;
4. Bill for an Act to amend the medical and dental practitioners Act, CAP.M8, Laws of the federation of Nigeria 2004
SPECIFICALLY INVITED ARE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Federal Ministry of Health
2. Federal Ministry of Education
3. National University Commission
4. Federal Ministry of Justice
5. Heads of psychiatric hospitals
6. National institute of medical research
7. Nigeria Medical Association
8. Medical Rehabilitation Therapy board
9. National council for Medical and laboratory science
10. Registrar, School of Medical and Laboratory sciences
11. National president and secretary of joint health employee staff union (JOHESU)
12. Relevant Labour Unions in the Health Sector
13. Civil society organizations in the Health Sector
14. Relevant professional bodies
15. Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
All memoranda to be submitted in 30 copies and a soft copy to the clerk, house representatives committee on health institutions, Room 02 (WHITE HOUSE), Natioinal Assembly complex, Abua on or before 29th April 2016
FURTHER ENQUIRIES ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO 08034080676 OR HRCOMMITTEEONHEALTHINSTITUTION@GMAIL.COM
Your co-operation, contribution and participation is highly solicited.